Thank you to Family Christian for providing resources for our Missions Boxes! Stay in touch with all Family Christian has to offer by visiting them: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, tumblr, and Instagram.
Up first on Missions Box Monday are Prayer Journals!
******SPOILER ALERT! If you our a member of our church family, don't read this post! :) ********
We gave each of the kids a prayer journal. Here are some great ones from Family Christian to get you started...
We provided the kids with these directions:
- Choose someone (a member of our church family or another) that you would like to prayer for everyday.
- Ask people what you can pray about for them.
- Write down prayer requests at church.
- Ask the Lord who to pray for and how to pray for them.
- Choose someone to lift up for a month: make encouraging notes for them, give some extra hugs, and leave secret gifts for them.
Ceesa and Jo-Jo have really been enjoying this idea from our Missions Box.
They have left special gifts like this letter and Amazing Woman Cross.
They baked Sugar-Free Cookies for a Diabetic Secret Prayer Friend.
They've put together a gift collection for a family that they hoped to bless. They included a truck, Someone Cares Devotional Booklet, coloring books, cross crafts, stickers, and an Electric Motor Kit.
And in the works right now are special hand made crafts...
Read all of our Missions Box Monday posts:Introduction
Starting a Prayer Journal
Welcome a Newborn
Homeless & Homeless Shelters
Caring for Someone in your Community
Encourage a Soldier Recovering from Injuries
Caring for Elderly
Wishing you homeschool blessings,
Connect with us: