Monday, February 22, 2016

Homeschool Fashion Study: Color Study


One of the fun things that you can do when creating an outfit is play with color.

Using a color wheel, you can quickly see what colors are complementary (they are the ones that are across from each other) and which are beside each other on the wheel.


So orange and purple can work with red and red and green complement one another.

Then you can also figure out how cream, white, and black would figure into the mix. Then there are patterns to mix and match too. I generally mix one pattern with a solid color, but you can also match two different patterns together. I have read that cheetah prints are a neutral, but I'm not sure exactly how to pull that off myself.

Using paint chips you can quickly get an idea of how to match colors.






Some of my favorite combinations are:
navy and coral
navy and white or cream
navy and pink
navy and mustard yellow
black and white with red
red and white
teal and white or cream
teal and peach
soldier blue with coral
black and pink
mauve and cream


Before the fashion show for the week, I thought I'd share some inspiration and encouragement.



Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. ~Lamentations 3:22






And now the fashion show...

This outfit, I threw together to run the kids out for some errands. I have been loving the combination of black and white this winter. I threw a tank on as well that was grey.


The shirt is a cowl neck, so it didn't need any other embellishment and I like the overall look. It would be nice for a dinner out with Poppa too.

Ceesa's outfit is nice for church and would look great with an addition of a long gold chain in that chevron pattern that is on her dress.

The corduroy jacket is one that I used to wear, but lately it hasn't fit as well. It works really well on Ceesa and the whole outfit looks great on her.

Jo-Jo is modeling one of her hand-me-down outfits. She has a nice warm sweater on with one of my scarves.

I've found the ivory scarf is a great accessory for winter wear. This is a nice one for when we are on the run on a cold winter day.

Portfolio Assignment: Create your own color wheel so that you can quickly see what colors go well with one another. Use paint chips to create color combinations that you like. These can be put together in your portfolio. 











Wishing you homeschool blessings,


  Connect with us:

No comments:

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...