A+ Interactive Math gave us access to a subscription to their Pre-Algebra curriculum to review.
A+ Interactive Math is an online math program that offers complete first through sixth grade, Pre-Algebra, and Algebra I curriculum. There are animated video lessons to teach the child, interactive reviews that reteach the concept if the child gets an incorrect answer, online worksheets and tests, printable worksheets and tests, solutions, automatic grading and tracking, and reports. The program is designed to teach the child, so that the parent does not need to do any of the teaching; however, there is a parent account where you can monitor your child's activities.
The student account contains icons that the child can click on that include:
- How to Get Started Video-This video provides an introduction of how to use the program for the child.
- Video lessons w/ Interactive Review-The child starts by watching a lesson (taught by a woman's voice) and then practicing interactive review (Q/A) to learn math concepts.
- Online Worksheets and Tests-This is your child's second stop. After completing the video lessons and interactive review, your child should complete the worksheet or test (once all of the lessons and worksheets have been completed). The program tracks the grades for you.
- Additional sections include: Lessons/Lesson Plans, Printable Worksheets & Tests, Reports, and Assigned Worksheets & Tests-These are not daily requirements and the one that your child may need is assigned worksheets and test, but only if you as the parent choose to generate additional worksheets.
The Pre-Algebra topics included:
1. Numbers Review
1.1 Whole Numbers
1.3 Positive and Negative Integers
1.4 Rational and Irrational Numbers
1.5 Decimal Numbers
1.6 Real Numbers
1.7 Prime Numbers
2. Fractions and Operations with Fractions
3. Real Numbers
4. Powers and Roots
7. Expressions, Equations and Formulas
8. The Coordinate Plane
9. Linear Equations and Formulas
10. Linear Equations and Slope
11. Quadratic Equations and Parabolas
12. Linear Inequalities
15. Pythagorean Theorem and Triangles
16. Introduction to Trigonometric Functions
Ceesa worked within the Pre-Algebra program. Within the time frame that we've reviewed it, she has just begun the very basic material. Her favorite part is working on the interactive review section. True to the concept of the teaching program, she needed very little assistance from me. I would pull up the page for her and she would do the work herself.
At one point, she said an answer was not correct on the program. So we re-watched the video together and it did in fact seem that the answer that she was supposed to choose was not correct and that a correct answer was counted wrong.
For our wish list, we'd like it to be accessible from our iPad device. We like to save the school pages that the kids work on frequently to it. Ceesa could then work on the entire set without me having to access the lap top for her when she is ready.
I like that the program allows Ceesa to work on her own. We encourage our kiddos to figure out how to learn about things on their own. It is important that they understand how to learn about things without depending on someone to guide them through everything. Another thing that I found helpful was that during the interactive questions when a question was answered incorrectly, the program would immediately display a refresher for that particular problem,
Sample Question from Online Worksheet
And right now, for a short period of time, A+ Interactive Math is offering a FREE “Single” grade level (your choice) for 1 year; however, the offer is limited to those that have not used the program before. If you have used the program, they will offer a 60% discount. If you are not sure what level is appropriate for your child, you can start with a placement test.
Wishing you homeschool blessings,
Connect with us:
Disclaimer: I received a free subscription in exchange for my honest review. I was not required to write a positive review nor was I compensated in any other way for writing the review. All opinions I have expressed are my own or those of my family. I am disclosing this information in accordance with the FTC Regulations.