Saturday, May 03, 2014

Homemade Cereal Box Journals

I'm not a pack rat by any means. No one could do a show based on the amount of things in my home, but I don't like waste. We recycle and compost and upcycle. We even posted an upcycle art challenge a couple of years ago.

Well, a great project is to make journals from cereal boxes.

I started by cutting out the large sections from the box.


I made 4 of them by cutting those in half.
Next time, I will leave them whole for larger journals.

Then I cut thin strips of leftover scrapbook paper to cover the edges.


I used my sticker maker to put those on.


Then I covered the print from the box with more paper.


I cut blank paper to fit in the journal, punched 2 holes in the folded edge of the paper and the cover, and strung embroidery floss through the holes. Then I knotted it and left some at the end to make a tassel.


Then I made stickers for the front.

I made one for each of the kids and tucked them into their Easter kits

Wishing you homeschool blessings,


  Connect with us:

No comments:

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...