Monday, March 21, 2016

Homeschool Fashion Study: Sew Your Own Skirts



You can make your own simple skirts (this link was our inspiration) with this formula...
Waist Measurement X 2
Length + 2.5"

I did the measuring, ironing, and cutting.

The girls each did their own sewing.





Sometimes I have a rough week, this passed week has been one of those. I find myself singing this song when I'm exasperated or overwhelmed.


Surely God is good to Israel, to those who are pure in heart. ~Psalm 73: 1

I love this outfit. I wore it just a last week and was told, I looked very put together.
Sometimes a simple t-shirts can be dressed up and look lovely. I just added a cardigan and my favorite jeans. I have worn this with skinny jeans, cognac boots, and a cream colored infinity scarf.

Ceesa is wearing a black, grey, and silver sweater with an infinity scarf that I made using a loom and her boot cut jeans.
I think this outfit is simply lovely. She  could wear it to an evening service, youth, her girl's club, or even her baking club. Out to dinner or over to friends would work as well.

Jo-Jo is wearing her homemade skirt, a purple shirt, and an infinity scarf.

She wears this outfit to church.

Portfolio Assignment: Use our skirt formula, find a pattern, or do some of your own research for making a simple skirt. Add your pattern to your portfolio with pictures of your completed skirt.




 
Join us for all of our Fashion Posts:

Wishing you homeschool blessings,


  Connect with us:

No comments:

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...