Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Acorn Men

There are 5 of these acorn men on my mantle.

These guys were really easy to make.

After gathering pine cones and acorns,
we hot glued the acorn on the pine cone and the cap on the top.
Then we glued on some felt
and there they are...

Here's the a little acorn poem for you:
LITTLE BY LITTLE
"Little by little," the acorn said,
As it slowly sank in its mossy bed,
"I am improving every day,
Hidden deep in the earth away."

Little by little each day it grew;
Little by little it sipped the dew;
Downward it sent out a threadlike root;
Up in the air sprung a tiny shoot,

Day after day, and year after year,
Little by little the leaves appear;
And the slender branches spread far and wide,
Till the mighty oak is the forest's pride.

"Little by little," said the thoughtful boy,
"Moment by moment, I'll well employ,
Learning a little every day,
And not misspending my time in play;

Whatever I do I will do it well.
Little by little, I'll learn to know
The treasured wisdom of long ago;
And one of these days, perhaps, will see
That the world will be the better for me."

Wishing you homeschool blessings,
Bethany

No comments:

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...