- Playing sound/letter games
- Rhyming exercises with dancing, singing, and reciting
- Analyzing syllables by clapping, snapping or otherwise putting action to the words to break them apart
- Stretching out sounds in words to hear individual phonemes
- Using picture cards to match similar sounds
- Manipulating sounds in words with hands-on activities
- Point out features by pointing to individual aspects while reading to demonstrate how print works.
- Transposing children's spoken words into written symbols through dictation and providing children opportunities to write.
- Looking at words in print and imagining how it’s spelled and copying new words.
2-3-Phonemic Awareness and Phonics
Wishing you homeschool blessings,