To make your very own floating candles...
What you need:
Molds (metal cookie cutters)
Old pan for wax
Large pan that the old pan will sit in
1. Line a baking sheet with wax paper. Grease the inside of your mold with cooking oil and a pastry brush.
2. Wrap aluminum foil tightly around the bottom of the mold, making sure to seal around the bottom edge of the mold so wax does not escape.
3. Put water in the large pan (about 2 inches). Add the candle wax pan to the top (a double-boiler pan works nicely). Add the wax to the top pan only. Melt the wax.
4. Put the wicks into the center of your mold and carefully pour a small layer of wax into the mold. Try to push the mold down onto the foil and keep the wick straight. When it is firm enough that the wick will stand on its own, fill the mold up to the top edge.
5. Peel off the foil when set and push the candle out of the mold. Leave over night.
6. Float the candles in a glass bowl.
Wishing you homeschool blessings,