Lexi from Lextin Academy has given me the Liebster Award! What a wonderful honor from such a nice blogger. The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have not yet hit the 200 follower mark. The award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back "you've got a great thing started" type of award. "Liebster" is German for favorite.
1. List 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominate for the award.
4. Choose 11 bloggers with 200 or less followers to nominate.
5. Go to each bloggers page and let them know about the award.
6. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
1. I was not homeschooled, although I now wish I was!
2. I love being outside creeking, gardening, sitting, swimming, hiking, you name it.
3. I have been to 7 countries outside of the United States.
4. My first vehicle was a truck that I paid for myself.
5. When I'm having a bad day, my sweet husband brings home chocolate and peanut butter cups.
6. I have taught college/university classes for the last 11 years.
7. Soup and homemade bread are staples at our house in the winter.
8. I am not all that fond of camping (even though I love being outside) and we still do it every year.
9. Last year, we purchased an old camper and I spent 3 weeks gutting and painting it.
10. I met my husband my freshman year of college.
11. We have beautiful sunsets from our back deck and sunrises from our front stoop (if I'd ever get up early enough to see them).
1. Who or what inspired you to homeschool? The good Lord laid it on my heart when my oldest was about one.
2. What is your favorite book? I love all of Jane Austin's books (even the ones unfinished)
3. What is your favorite subject to teach? I love teaching nature studies.
4. Where would you go on your dream vacation? Hawaii
5. What is your favorite game to play with your kids? It's a tie between Mancala or Trash
6. What is your least favorite household chore? Bathrooms!
7. What is your proudest achievement? Being humble enough to be saved by Grace.
8. What is something you've said or done that you always said you would never do or say? Grinding my teeth.
9. What surprises you most about your child or children? How much they teach me.
10. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would you choose? A couple of alpaca.
11. What trait of yourself do you see most prominently displayed in your children? My oldest-her laughter.
My blog nominees:
Brandi at AfterThoughts
Glory Bea at Our Learning Journey
Joelle at Homeschooling for his Glory
Leslie at More 2 Les
Lisa at Home to 4 Kiddos
Lori at Special Connection Homeschool
Meg at Adventures with Jude
Nancy at Sage Parnassus
Nicole at Ever After...My Way
Nikole at Verde Mama
Shanna at Learning at His Feet
Questions for my bloggers:
1. What makes you most happy about homeschooling?
2. What is the subject you like the least?
3. What is your favorite season?
4. Who inspires you the most?
5. Where do you like to spend your time?
6. What is your favorite homeschooling song?
7. Which chore do you like the most?
8. What is (are) your hobby(ies)?
9. If given the choice between sleeping in or going to bed early, what would you pick?
10. What is your favorite movie?
11. What is something you'd like to do if you had an extra hour?
Wishing you homeschool blessings,