Thursday, September 27, 2012

Hurray! It's happened...


This would probably be considered part 2
of the story of the caterpillar surprise.

To recap, one day we were observing a caterpillar,
the next day we were observing a chrysalis.
No planning, just a surprise blessing.

Well, everyday I watched the chrysalis and today...

That totally did not look right.
Yet, I expected a butterfly to be emerging
or at least standing on the stick
that my sweet Ceesa put in the jar.

I was a bit confused,
apparently my brain was not interested
in taking in the new information.
It took me a minute to realize I
needed to look lower in the jar.



What we have here folks is a
Common Buckeye Butterfly.




It should be making its way from our neck of the woods
down to North Carolina to Florida for the summer.

How amazing...
and how beautiful!

We watched this great video of one emerging.


Wishing you homeschool blessings,
Bethany


No comments:

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...