Monday, April 23, 2012

The Illusive Myrtle Warbler

I took this picture in the fall
and began searching
high and low for a resource to identify it.

I started going a bit mad,
I couldn't seem to find its identity anywhere.

And then it happened,
when I wasn't looking.
Isn't that how it always is?
You come upon something
when you'd given it up for lost.

It happened while reading
Field Trips: Bug Hunting, Animal Tracking, Bird-watching, Shore Walking 
byJim Arnosky.


This is a myrtle warbler.

After I discovered its name,
I found some terrific information online.

Wishing you homeschool blessings,
Bethany

No comments:

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...