Thursday, April 26, 2012

Hummingbird Migration 2012


It has been 2 years now since I saw it,
but I still remember sitting on the steps at the front door
and watching a hummingbird swinging back and forth rapidly.
Flying up quickly and then diving back down
in an arch.

At the time, I didn't know what exactly was happening,
but after a little research I found out that during the mating season this nose-dive along with a sharp squeak or trill is to impress females. It was the hummingbird mating dance.

I just read that the hummingbirds are making an
early arrival for 2012. I am so excited.

We haven't seen any yet, but today,
we laid in the yard watching a pair
of robins feeding their babies.

It was so sweet to see the babies' heads peek above the nest.

Wishing you homeschool blessings,
Bethany

No comments:

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...