Thursday, March 01, 2012

Exam Week Fun

Three times a year we have exams.
The kids haven't always looked forward to exam week.
But we've thought of a way to make it enjoyable.

This week is our second exam week of the year.
And we've taken exams, but we've had a lot of fun too!

We've...
baked animal crackers and learned the poem,

Animal Crackers
by Christopher Morley

Animal crackers and cocoa to drink,
That is the finest of suppers I think;
When I'm grown up and can have what I please
I think I shall always insist upon these.
What do YOU choose when you're offered a treat?
When Mother says, "What would you like best to eat?"
Is it waffles and syrup, or cinnamon toast?
It's cocoa and animals that I love most!

The kitchen's the cosiest place that I know;
The kettle is singing, the stove is aglow,
And there in the twilight, how jolly to see
The cocoa and animals waiting for me.

Daddy and Mother dine later in state,
With Mary to cook for them, Susan to wait;
But they don't have nearly as much fun as I
Who eat in the kitchen with Nurse standing by;
And Daddy once said, he would like to be me
Having cocoa and animals once more for tea.

 
played games and drank hot chocolate,

taken pictures,


made a web,

watched the horses,

tried out a glider experiement for Barbie, and

watched movies.

No complaints about exams this week! :)

Wishing you homeschool blessings,
Bethany

No comments:

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...