Monday, November 28, 2011

Pressed leaves and a poem

When the autumn leaves were in full swing and truly very beautiful,
we gathered several and pressed them.

We learned how to press leaves


After waiting several weeks, we've put them in our nature notebooks:

While I was helping the mathematical, logical kiddo get the leaves put in (pictured on the right-see the similarities in the types of leaves in the rows),
another kiddo was doing this...


It may be hard to see.
The creative one drew a tree with leaves falling
and wrote a poem:

I Like Fall
By AGH

I like fall.
Down the leaves
fall,
down,
down,
down they fall.

Wishing you homeschool blessings,
Bethany

learning laboratory at mama smiles

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

I love the poem! And how neat to see their personalities even in the ways they add their leaves to their books.

Thank you for linking up to Learning Laboratory at Mama Smiles =)

William said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. Your nature thoughts have inspired me to start making school more interesting (and I'm the kid, not the teacher.)

All the Seasons Adventure Printable Pack

Subscribe to our newsletter & receive All the Seasons Adventure packet with a bonus Christmas ideas page!

    We respect your privacy. Unsubscribe at anytime.
    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...